PatientViewer allows all existing patients to have better care with 24-hour, secure access. Now you can connect with our office online and streamline what would normally require a phone call. You will be able to securely do the following:
• Make an appointment
• View your treatment history
• Make payments online
• Request insurance information
• Inquire about account balance
• Fill out all paperwork prior to appointments
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) requires all health care records and other individually identifiable health information (protected health information) used or disclosed to us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, be kept confidential. This federal law gives you, the patient, significant new rights to understand and control how your health information is used. HIPAA provides penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information. As required by HIPAA, we have prepared this explanation of how we are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may use and disclose your health information. Without specific written authorization, we are permitted to use and disclose your health care records for the purposes of treatment, payment and health care operations.
Treatment means providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more health care providers. Examples of treatment would include crowns, fillings, teeth cleaning services, etc. Payment means such activities as obtaining reimbursement for services, confirming coverage, billing or collection activities, and utilization review. An example of this would be billing your dental plan for your dental services.
Health Care Operations include the business aspects of running our practice, such as conducting quality assessment and improvement activities, auditing functions, cost management analysis, and customer service. An example would include a periodic assessment of our documentation protocols, etc. In addition, your confidential information may be used to remind you of an appointment (by phone or mail) or provide you with information about treatment options or other health related services including release of information to friends and family members that are directly involved in your care or who assist in taking care of you. We will use and disclose your protected when we are required to do so by federal, state or local law.
Any other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing, and we are required to honor and abide by that written request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your authorization.
You have certain rights regarding your PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION, which you can exercise by presenting a written request to our Privacy Officer at the practice address listed below:
• The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION, including those related to disclosures to family members, other relatives, close personal friends, or any other person identified by you. We are, however, not required to agree to a requested restriction. If we do agree to a restriction, we must abide by it unless you agree in writing to remove it.
• The right to request to receive confidential communications of PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION from us by alternative means or at alternative locations.
• The right to access, inspect and copy your PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION.
• The right to request an amendment to your PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION.
• The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION outside of treatment, payment and health care operations.
• The right to obtain a paper copy of this notice from us upon request.
• We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION and to provide you with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION.
• We are required to abide by the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices currently in effect. We reserve the right to change the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practices and to make the new notice provisions effective for all PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION that we maintain. Revisions to our Notice of Privacy Practices will be posted on the effective date and you may request a written copy of the Revised Notice from this office.
• You have the right to file a formal, written complaint with us at the address below, or with the Department of Health & Human Services, Office of Civil Rights, in the event you feel your privacy rights have been violated. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For more information about our Privacy Practices, please contact:
Lombard Dental Studio
245 Lombard Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Telephone: (805) 307-7656
For more information about HIPAA or to file a complaint:
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Office of Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Toll Free: (877) 696-6775
ABSOLUTELY the best Dental experience. Most of us hate going to the dentist, well I'm one of those people. Lucky for me I found Dr. Vadim. Very knowledgeable, reasonably priced, and doesn't try to up sell treatments you don't need. Can't wait for my next check up.
Coronavirus Health Update
We are here and open for your Dental Emergency!
With many establishments temporarily shutting down, we wanted to inform you that we are here for you.
Our office remains open for those who are in need of help with their dental health. We are following the ADA and CDC’s guideline to ensure out office is a safe environment for all patients and staff
If you have a dental Emergency, or an urgent dental situation requiring treatment, please call us right away